Carrot and Potato Gratin. Thanks to a challenge in the TOH community a few years back, my husband and I tried parsnips and discovered that we liked them! In fact, I started growing them in my garden and have been trying new things with them. This recipe is one of my.
This potato, carrot, and mushroom gratin is here for you. The soft flavors of the vegetables combine Cover the dish with a sheet of aluminum foil and place in oven. An absolutely delicious gratin from Bon Appetite. You can cook Carrot and Potato Gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and Potato Gratin
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced (not diced).
- Prepare 5 of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, sliced thin.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- It’s 1.5 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s to taste of Dried thyme,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 3/4 cup of shredded parm cheese.
- You need 1 cup of mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix).
- You need 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
Last-Minute Recipes for Your Passover Seder. Sign up for our Nosher recipe newsletter! With Passover comes lots of cleaning, matzah eating, and potato peeling. Stir in the garlic, carrots, potatoes, onion, and celery root and bring to a boil.
Carrot and Potato Gratin instructions
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used..
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top..
The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible. I did everything as recipe directs except used thinly sliced carrots instead of potatoes. Place the sliced carrots and potatoes in a large pot of boiling. This Potato Gratin is the perfect simple side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals.