You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 6 of red Potatoes.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 300 gram of Minced beef.
- Prepare 1 of small onion – chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic – chopped.
- It’s of Fresh rosemary.
- Prepare of Fresh thyme.
- You need 150 ml of fresh milk.
- You need 1 of carrot – chopped.
- You need To taste of butter.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s as needed of Beef broth.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil then put potato in to the boiling water and cook until tender. Peel the skin, mash and mix with cheddar cheese, yolk,butter, milk and salt pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil and fry chopped onion then add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant, add carrot and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add minced beef,rosemary, thyme, flour, salt,pepper, and fry untill beef golden brown..
- Add beef brot and tomato paste, bring to boil and reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish spread beef, layer with mashed potato and flatten well.
- Bake in the oven in 200 c for 20 minutes or untill golden brown..
- And this is it,, have done and ready to serve.