Pot Roast. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Make this pot roast on a cold, rainy day for a cozy dinner that the whole family will love. For a slow-cooker version of this beef chuck roast, check out our crock-pot recipes. Slow Cooked Balsamic Pot Roast is perfect for an easy weekday or weekend dinner! You can cook Pot Roast using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- Prepare 1 of good sized Chuck Roast.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 envelope of ranch dip mix.
- You need 1 of water.
- You need of salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Fall apart-tender beef is slow cooked in a garlic balsamic sauce, along with potatoes and carrots to complete your meal! One of the best bang-for-buck meals of all time. Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Dutch oven pot roast recipes are the ultimate comfort food.
Pot Roast instructions
- Warm a pot with a bit of oil in bottom..
- Season Chuck roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder and sear on both sides..
- Add beef broth, cream of mushroom soup and ranch mix along with 3 cans of water….(I used beef broth can for water).
- Bring to boil and then turn down temp to medium low to wear it is barely bubbling and let cook until roast is tender..
Make it unique with beer, cranberries or wine! Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker.