Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. American Shepherd's Pie, known elsewhere as Cottage Pie, is a casserole containing ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, peas and corn, and topped with a layer of mashed potatoes.
I grew up eating shepherd's pie. (Goodbye and blessings). The folks at Kerrygold have never heard of me. I just love their cheese, and thought I might share with you. You can cook Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 4 large of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Onion (chopped fine).
- You need 2 cup of Sweet Corn.
- It’s 2 large of Carrots (peeled and chopped).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 2 can of Green Beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Beef Broth (possibly bullion instead for a more salty alternative).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Half-and-Half or Milk.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1 of as needed Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 of Cumin, Rosemary and Thyme (optional).
This American shepherds pie is a great way to celebrate St. It is made with hamburger but you could use lamb or mutton. This is the way my family likes it. Shepherd's Pie is a recipe your family will enjoy anytime. Узнать причину. Закрыть.
Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Start the mashed potatoes: Peel and cut potatoes (1/2 inch or quartered). Place in pan and cover with cold water (1/2 in over potatoes). Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. [start step 3 then return to potatoes] ((Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 15-20 mins.)).
- In a large sauté pan with oil, sauté onions and carrots, then garlic. Add ground beef and cook through until brown..
- Continue filling: Sprinkle meat with flour and toss to coat. Add salt/pepper and cumin (optional), add Worcestershire Sauce, Beef Broth, and Rosemary/ Thyme (optional). Brind to boil, cover and simmer low and covered until sauce is thick (10-15 mins)..
- Mash Potatoes: Add half-and-half or milk, butter, and salt/pepper to drained potatoes. Mash until smooth..
- Continue filling: Add corn and green beans (peas optional) for just a few mins to heat..
- Combine in lightly greased 3 qt casserole dish: Beef filling on bottom. Sprinkle layer of cheese on top. Top with mashed potatoes. (Make sure the potatoes seal the beef filling in so it doesn't boil and create a mess.) Use a fork to make rivets on the top of the mashed potatoes. Add small amount of paprika on top..
- Bake dish for 25-30 minutes in oven at 400°F. Let cool (about 15 mins)..
So, I hope that fulfills your request for how I make shepherd's pie. I hope you try it and I hope you enjoy it. In a large skillet cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain off fat. Stir in beans, corn, tomato sauce The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. Cottage Pie uses ground beef, while Making the best Shepherd's Pie is not difficult.