You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 1 tbsp of reduced calorie margarine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of reduced sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of cubed, cooked chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced and blanched.
- You need 1 cup of chopped, cleaned spinach leaves.
- You need 6 of chopped scallions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thawed frozen corn kernels.
- You need 1/2 cup of evaporated skimmed milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves, crumbled.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground marjoram.
- Prepare 3 of medium russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the margarine. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F; spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and the remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in the carrots, spinach, scallions, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram and the sauce. Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with potatoes, spreading to cover the filling completely; sprinkle with the cheese and paprika. Bake until bubbling and the potatoes are golden, 30-35 minutes..