Lomo Saltado. Peruvian Lomo Saltado. featured in Fries Around the World. Kiano Moju, Matthew Johnson & Alix Traeger. Lomo Saltado is perhaps the most famous dish representing the genre and the name literally translates to "jumped loin." "Lomo," or loin, is a reference to the cut of meat that's typically used.
I put a healthier spin on Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Beef Stir Fry) one of my favorite Peruvian dishes! I took one of Peru's most emblematic dishes, "Lomo Saltado" and lightened it up a bit – without losing. Lomo saltado is a Peruvian stir fry dish composed of marinated strips of sirloin, red onion and With lomo saltado, this is the first time we are featuring a cuisine that is recognized as an integral part of a. You can cook Lomo Saltado using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lomo Saltado
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need 1 quart of water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of kosher salt for soaking.
- It’s 1 pint of peanut oil to fry in.
- You need To taste of salt after frying.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper after frying.
- You need of Stirfry.
- You need 2 of large green bell peppers.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 15 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 pound of round eye steak.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of aji yellow pepper paste.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- It’s of Rice.
- Prepare 2-1/2 cups of beef broth 1st add.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of beef broth 2nd add.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
El lomo saltado de carne es uno de los platos estandartes de la gastronomía peruana. Es el que mejor representa la fusión de sabores de la cocina peruana con la cocina china-cantonesa. Lomo Saltado Receta – TiraDToss Restaurant – Daniel Vassallo. Lomo Saltado por el Chef Antonio Zavala.
Lomo Saltado instructions
- Take the raw rice and add to a hot pot with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Coat the rice and keep heating till the rice turns white caramelized brown. Add 2-1/2 cups beef broth cook till the liquid is absorbed. Add the rest of the broth and cook until liquid is absorbed the second time. Cover and set aside..
- Wash the potatoes. Slice into French fry style potatoes. Add to salted cold water for 30 minutes..
- Slice the onion and peppers into strips. Cut the beef into strips. Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste. I used coconut vinegar..
- Add olive oil to pan and fry the steak strips, 3 minutes set aside. Add the onions, peppers and rest of the stirfry ingredients. Stirfry 10 minutes. Heat the oil to fry the potatoes..
- Add the beef back and cover..
- Drain the potatoes. Then pat dry the potatoes. Now fry the potatoes till golden brown..
- When done move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Move potatoes to the stirfry and toss. Serve with rice. I hope you enjoy!!.
Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Stir Fry) – a very popular Peruvian-Chinese fusion dish using Chinese stir-fry technique fused with Peruvian ingredients. Tender beef strips tossed with flavorful and crisp. Peruvian-style comfort food at its absolute best. Now all you need to accompany this lomo saltado recipe is a tall glass of ice cold soda. El Lomo Saltado está sin duda entre los principales y más solicitados platos de la gastronomía peruana.