Mincemeat. Meaning of mincemeat in English. mincemeat перевод в словаре английский – русский. Mincemeat is a dish of very finely cut meat mixed with spices, fruit, suet, and liquor. Mincemeat developed as a way of preserving meat.
Mincemeat also possesses a strong connection to Christianity and Christmas, more specifically, as View image. What is Mincemeat? this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Mincemeat definition is – minced meat. You can cook Mincemeat using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mincemeat
- You need 600 grams of apple, very finely diced.
- You need 300 grams of butter (or vegan shortening).
- You need 450 grams of Thompson raisins.
- You need 275 grams of golden raisins.
- It’s 275 grams of currants.
- Prepare 450 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of orange marmalade (I use dark).
- You need 275 grams of mixed citrus peel.
- You need 100 grams of citron peel.
- Prepare 75 grams of slivered almonds.
- It’s 10 grams of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 grams of ground cloves.
- Prepare 2 grams of ground cardamom.
- You need 5 grams of ground allspice.
- It’s 125 ml of brandy or rum.
Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to make Homemade Mincemeat. This is what I call a vegetarian Homemade Mincemeat recipe as it does not contain beef suet. Can Mincemeat Be Canned For Long-Term Storage? A note about PRESERVING: Traditionally mincemeat would be made the year before it's eaten to give the flavors time do develop and deepen.
Mincemeat step by step
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat..
- Let simmer 45-60 minutes, until the dried fruits are plum and the mixture begins to thicken..
- Let cool to room temperature, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container, up to 1 month,.
Mincemeat definition: Mincemeat is a sticky mixture of small pieces of dried fruit. Homemade Mincemeat is a spicy sweet preserve consisting of a mixture or dried and candied fruits, apples, and spices that are heavily laced with brandy or rum. For minced meat, see Ground meat. A quick, simple mincemeat recipe perfect for holiday desserts. The word Mincemeat doesn't quite inspire the same rapture that it does in England, most likely due to the name.