Potatoes Au Gratin. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals!
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. You can cook Potatoes Au Gratin using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potatoes Au Gratin
- It’s 6 of Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of Onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of All purpose floor.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
Potatoes Au Gratin are a dinnertime staple around here! Tender potato and onion slices smothered in a quick cheesy sauce and baked until golden. This is one of our favorite easy side dish recipes. The main difference between scalloped potatoes and au gratin potatoes is the cheese.
Potatoes Au Gratin instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter a 9×13 casserole dish..
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent..
- Layer half of the potatoes in bottom of casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Top with onion/garlic mixture, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper..
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in flour and salt, stir constantly with whisk for 1 minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30-60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake 1 hour in preheated oven..
Both dishes consist of thinly sliced potatoes baked in a shallow dish covered in a cream sauce and sometimes. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. Calling all potato au gratin fans!! This recipe is our new favorite twist on a classic family recipe.