Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. The Best Sausage Shepherds Pie Recipes on Yummly Shepherd's Pie, Shepherd's Pie, Sausage And Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie. Progresso™ beef-flavored broth provides a simple addition to this classic and hearty casserole – Shepherd's pie baked using beef, sausage and mixed vegetables.
This flavorful variation on traditional shepherd's pie uses mashed butternut squash in place of potatoes. Sausage Shepherds Pie by Tasty Demais. In bowl, combine sausage, gravy, vegetables and Worcestershire sauce. You can cook Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- You need 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- Prepare 2 of celery, diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- You need to taste of Dried basil,.
- It’s to taste of Dried thyme,.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
The Sausage Shepherd's Pie recipe out of our category Root Vegetable! All Reviews for Squash and Sausage Shepherd's Pie. Try this One Pot Sheperd's pie loaded with Italian sausage, vegetables and topped with mashed potatoes. When I think of comfort food shepherds pie is always one of the first dishes that comes to mind.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
Creamy gravy, seasoned meat, mounds of fluffy mashed..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie is really not much more than a baked meat and vegetable casserole topped with potatoes, often using leftovers. It's a little like a beef pot pie made with ground beef instead of roast meat. To the best of my knowledge, Shepherd's Pie in the U.