Grilled chicken carbonara. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Serve your Pasta Carbonara immediately sprinkled with the remaining parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. If you wish to be a little extra, butter some slices of baguette and grill them over high heat and serve with dinner.
One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is to take some of our favorite dishes and make them into something else. This chicken carbonara penne pasta blends just a few simple ingredients to create a wonderful one-bowl meal. The key ingredient is a culinary game-changer, Barilla Pronto Pasta! You can cook Grilled chicken carbonara using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken carbonara
- Prepare 1 box of fettucine noodles.
- You need 2 large of chicken breast.
- It’s 2 slice of uncooked bacon diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of prepared pesto.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded parmasean cheese.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
What makes this pasta so handy is that it's a product innovation that allows for one-pan meals to be made without waiting for water to boil and no draining needed. Remove bacon from saucepan with slotted spoon; drain. For a charcoal or gas grill, place chicken on the grill rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. This grilled chicken and bacon pasta carbonara is a cinch to prepare.
Grilled chicken carbonara instructions
- Season chicken breast to your liking (I like to use cajun season in addition to salt and pepper) cook in a saute pan with alittle olive oil until they cooked through.
- Remove chicken and let rest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions (reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid once pasta in finished) drain and set aside.
- In unclean sautee pan used to cook chicken add bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking in a bowl combine eggs, parmasean cheese, pesto, and a dash of salt and pepper and whisk together…set aside.
- Once the bacon has cooked through add garlic and saute.
- add reserved pasta water and simmer for a second then toss pasta along with the bacon and garlic.
- Remove from heat and add egg mixture….toss thouroughly…check seasonjng.
- Add 1tsp of butter for richness (optional).
- Slice chicken breast and toss with pasta then sprinkle additional parmasean as needed.
You will think you are dining in Italy. I don't think I have ever tried a carbonara my entire life until I was watching The Food Network a few months ago and saw Chef Anne Burrell cooking up a pasta carbonara on "The Best Thing I Ever Made. Creamy meets spicy in this kickin' Cajun Chicken Carbonara. Tender chicken is doused in a spicy-smoky rub, grilled for extra wood-fired flavor then smothered in a creamy and rich carbonara sauce. Lightly flour chicken cubes and shrimp.