Eggplant Gratin. A delicious eggplant gratin where eggplant is stuffed with tomatoes and bell peppers and baked in a creamy cheese Nutritional Information. When you all come together, it's a party in a baking dish. Oh, low-carb gratin, we love you.
Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry. The Eggplant Gratin recipe out of our category fruit-vegetable! Eggplant Gratin recipe: The skin of eggplant contains an Coat eggplant with shallots with lard and season with S&P. You can cook Eggplant Gratin using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Gratin
- It’s 1 of big eggplant.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- It’s 100 g of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of basil branch.
- You need of salt and black pepper.
Bake in a high-heat oven until the surface is golden brown. Eggplant dishes are usually heartier than other vegetable based recipes. Eggplant is a common substitute for meat dishes and adds some bulk to this gratin. Like zucchini, it has a distinctive taste.
Eggplant Gratin instructions
- Put salt on the eggplant and let drain for 10 minutes to lose the bitterness.
- Cut and separate the other ingredients.
- Spread some tomato, eggplant and basil in a tart pan.
- Add some of the cheese.
- Put more tomatoes, eggplant, cheese and basil until the ingredients finish.
- Add at the end more cheese, salt and ground pepper.
- Bake in oven until the surface is golden.
- Serve immediately.
From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of Eggplant Au Gratin Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Place slices evenly over tomatoes in dish. Spread remaining tomato mixture over eggplant slices. A touch of balsamic vinegar gives this gratin a slight sweetness reminiscent of caponata. Add the chopped eggplant and cook over low-medium heat, just below simmering point, for one hour or until the eggplant is.