Maraschino cherry chocolate cookies. Thick & chewy maraschino cherry chocolate chip cookie recipe! I'd bet these maraschino cookies would also be really good with white chocolate chips! The combination of maraschino cherries and chocolate chips reminds me of this delicious cherry cordial ice cream that the ice.
If the name didn't give it away, we packed each cookie full of chocolate chips, chewy maraschino cherry pieces (and cherry juice), and vanilla and almond extract for added. There are just so many great Christmas cookie recipes and so many friends, neighbors and extended family to share them with. Honestly who in the world wouldn't love a batch of assorted sweet treats to indulge in. You can have Maraschino cherry chocolate cookies using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Maraschino cherry chocolate cookies
- You need 1 cup of butter softened.
- It’s 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 of –3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chip morsels.
Maraschino Cherry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Maraschino cherries are the stars of the show in these very soft cookies with chewy edges and tender, soft, pillowy centers. The cherries add sweetness and their bright color is eye-catching. Thick & chewy maraschino cherry chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Maraschino cherry chocolate cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper. In large bowl with mixer beat butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in powdered sugar. Turn mixer to stir or low and slowly add flour mixing in until incorporated. Mix in maraschino cherry juice and maraschino cherries. Stir in chocolate chips..
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper. Spray bottom the of a glass with non stick cooking spray and flatten balls. You will need to spray glass several times. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing cookies to cookie cooling racks..
I first tasted these cookies during a "cookie swap" at work a few years ago. Now I make them every Christmas for our family get-together. Insert a chocolate chip into each maraschino cherry. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto prepared baking sheets and bake. The cookies get their girly color from maraschino cherry juice and their flavor from butter, almond extract, and cherries.