Lemon Bars. Excellent, everything a true lemon bar should be. Lemon Bars I like my lemon bars with a thicker cookie base. For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour.
This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. Butter: Melted butter is the base of the shortbread crust. Sugar: Sugar sweetens the crust and lemon curd filling layers. You can cook Lemon Bars using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice, bottled is fine if you don’t have that.
- It’s 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs beaten.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of crust:.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 sticks of butter or margarine, diced.
Not only this, it works with the eggs to set up the lemon filling. If reduced, the filling will be too wet. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, when the bars are done. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Lemon Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray well your 13×9 baking dish. In a bowl, beat together first 5 ingredients and set aside. In another bowl, combine the crust ingredients and blend well with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Put the crumble mixture in you dish and press it down evenly. Bake for about 15-20 minutes and remove..
- Stir your filling one more time and pour over crust. Bake 20-25 minutes more or until set..
- Let cool then sprinkle with more powdered sugar.
Grasping foil overhang, lift from pan. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Lemon bars aren't inherently difficult to make, but they do require some time. How do you make lemon bars? Use a glass pan – a metal pan often transfers a metallic taste to the lemon bars; Line the pan with parchment paper – this will make it much easier to get the lemon bars out; Use REAL lemons – the bottled lemon juice won't cut it on these.