Snickerdoodles. This snickerdoodle cookie recipe makes treats that are perfectly soft in the middle with a bit of crunch around the edges. The sweet cinnamon-sugar coating makes them a sure crowd-pleaser! Since they remain so soft, snickerdoodles are the perfect cookie for gift-giving.
Cinnamon sugar topped cookies, crackly on the outside while pliable on the inside. You Are Going To Love This Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe! The Buttery Cookies Are Soft And Chewy On The Inside, Crisp Around The Edges, And Covered In Cinnamon And Sugar. You can cook Snickerdoodles using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pure vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tbs of baking powder.
- You need 3 cups of AP flour.
- It’s of For coating:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg.
The BEST Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! Soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies loaded with cinnamon-sugar. No chilling required so they can be made QUICK! The history of this whimsically named treat is widely disputed, but the popularity of this classic cinnamon-sugar-coated cookie is undeniable! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen.
Snickerdoodles step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add nutmeg, vanilla and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add powder and mix.
- Add flour slowly, and scrape down mixer as needed.
- Scoop cookies, rolling each cookie into a ball with your hands.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for topping.
- Roll each cookie in topping a d place on cookie sheet.
- They will not spread but will need to be flattened with a spatula before baking.
- Bake about 12 minutes, centers should be soft but not doughy..
- For traditional sugar cookies, just roll out and cut the dough into shapes. It won't need to be refrigerated. Frost or decorate as you like.
- For peppermint "kringles", omit nutmeg and use only 1 tsp of vanilla. Add 2-3 tsp peppermint extract and 1 tsp of red food coloring..
- Roll each kringle in red and green nonpareils or regular sugar instead of the cinnamon sugar.
Learn how to make these amazing old-fashioned snickerdoodles with or without cream of tartar. These classic cookies are soft, chewy, and coated with a delicious cinnamon-sugar mixture. Snickerdoodles Recipe & Video. click for printable file. Snickerdoodles are also called Snipdoodles or Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. A plain snickerdoodle is good, but wouldn't you rather have it stuffed with cheesecake, blended into a milkshake, or crumbled on top of a summer.