Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You can cook Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Shortening (such as Crisco®).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Butter or Vegan Buttery Spread (such as Earth Balance®).
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of Butter Flavor (optional).
- You need 2 of Large Eggs.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2-1/3 Cup of All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (such as Bob's Red Mill® 1 to 1).
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder, Aluminum Free.
- Prepare 8 Ounces of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (such as Toll House® Simply Delicious Semi-Sweet Morsels).
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies instructions
- In stand mixer bowl, combine shortening, butter or vegan spread, butter flavor (optional), eggs, sugar, and dark brown sugar. Mix on low to combine, then cream on medium-high to high speed for about 2 minutes until smooth consistency and pale tan/yellow color..
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Wisk together..
- Slow mixer to low speed. Add vanilla extract and allow to mix for 30 seconds or so. Add flour mixture a little at a time to mixer. Once all flour mixture is added, allow to fold for about 1 minute to fully incorporate..
- Remove mixer bowl from stand, and add chocolate chips. Use a spatula to fold in chocolate chips until fully incorporated..
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and rest in refrigerator for at least 45-60 minutes. Trust me, this makes all the difference…..
- Preheat oven to 365-375° F. Line a cookie sheet or half sheet pan with parchment or silicone baking liner..
- Use a spoon or 1 Tbs. measuring spoon to form balls of cookie dough, about 1"diameter. Place on cookie sheet about 2" apart… on a standard sheet, I do 3 wide by 4 long..
- Bake 11-12 minutes until nice color and edges start to brown. Remove from oven and wait 30 seconds before removing from pan. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. *Tip 1: if you want cookies to stop cooking faster, slide parchment with cookie off of pan onto countertop. **Tip 2: Rinse backside of sheet pan under water to cool for 10-15 seconds or until cool to touch. This will allow you to start the next batch on a cool pan and maintain consistency between batches..
- Repeat Steps 7-8 until all the cookie dough is used..
- Pour glass of cold milk (or almond milk) and enjoy!!!.