Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cookies.
You can have Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cookies using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- It’s of Cookie dough:.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of salted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of whole milk.
- It’s of Toasted Walnuts:.
- You need 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts (or toasted crushed pecans).
- Prepare of Glaze:.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of tiny pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of whole milk.
Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add in butter and crumble by hand..
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl then pour into the dry mixture. Mix by hand until it forms a ball of dough..
- Lightly flour your work service and roll out your dough until about 1/2” thick, keeping it's shape as rectangular as possible..
- Time to make the filling! Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside..
- It’s super easy to make toasted walnuts. All you need to do it crush the walnuts in a ziplock bag until they are small chunks, then dump into a small pan on medium-high heat. Toss the walnuts around for a few minutes and then you’re ready to go. Put into a glass container and set aside..
- Pro tip: Toasting any kind of nut enhances the flavor tremendously and adds so much more intensity to the flavor. Trust me, it’s worth sparing a few minutes..
- Evenly spread the filling on top of the rolled out dough. Take your time here, you want to make sure each cookie is going to have the same amount of filling. Next, add the toasted walnuts on top..
- Now take the longer side of the dough and roll towards you vertically. Using a sharp knife or non-scented floss, cut into about 1/2” pieces..
- Place the cookies on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes..
- While the cookies are baking, let’s get started making the glaze..
- In a medium-sized bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and cream cheese. Once well combined, add a tiny pinch of salt and mix. Chill in the fridge until cookies are done..
- Once the cookies are done let them cook for a few minutes before transferring to a plate. Using a spoon, zigzag the glaze on top of the cookies. Serve while the cookies are still warm..