Healthy oatmeal cookies. Cuz these are not your ordinary oatmeal cookies! In fact, they are so healthy, I think you could very well refer to them as portable oatmeal! Not only that, but they also happen to taste absolutely fantastic.
Classic oatmeal cookies involve LOTS of brown sugar and butter. We started by playing with different ways to sweeten the cookies, as well as using part coconut oil and part butter. The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples How to Make Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Step-by-Step. You can cook Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
Grate the apple and carrot using a grater or. Healthy Oatmeal Cookies – easy, stir-together healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that taste SO GOOD, they are truly miraculous! These vegan oatmeal cookies are dense, hearty, thick. While I love a classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, sometimes I'm looking for a cleaner alternative that isn't loaded with sugar, butter and flour..
Healthy oatmeal cookies instructions
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe (honey-sweetened), Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Granola, Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Skillet. Healthy Oatmeal Cookie GranolaJoy Filled Eats. Add healthy cookies to your holiday spread with this recipe from Food.com. Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.