Blackforest cheesecake. No Bake Black Forest Cheesecake Pie has a chocolate cookie crust with two layers of smooth cheesecake. Top with a spoonful of canned cherry pie filling. *This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!* Biscuit Base, Chocolate & Cherry Kirsch Cheesecake Filling, Vanilla Cheesecake, Fresh Cherries & even more Chocolate.
The recipe is spot on and the cheesecake is so delicious – almost tastes like creamy fudge. To reduce carbs I eliminate the crust part. Black Forest Cheesecake Cake has a layer of smooth, creamy cheesecake swirled with tart pie cherries, sandwiched between layers of rich, moist chocolate cake. You can have Blackforest cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blackforest cheesecake
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of crushed Oreos (16 cookies).
- It’s 3 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 12 oz. (1 bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips (high quality).
- You need 3 packages (8 oz.) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare of Whipped Cream (3/4 cup heavy cream).
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla).
- Prepare 1 can of cherry pie filling.
It's covered in a luscious cream cheese frosting and crowned with more cherries and grated chocolate. A triple layer black forest cheesecake cake that is part black forest cake and part cheesecake. In the end, I wanted chocolate cheesecake since black forest cake uses chocolate cake, and I wanted a homemade cherry topping. PLACE the reserved cherry liquid in a small saucepan along with the sugar, rum and cornflour.
Blackforest cheesecake step by step
- Pull out all ingredients, and allow them to sit out at room temperature while you make the crust..
- Preheat oven to 375F. Crush the cookies in a bag (no need to remove the filling), then place cookie crumbs in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small bowl, then pour butter over crumbs and stir until evenly moist. Dump mixture into the bottom of a 9"springform pan and press down firmly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan about 1". Bake crust in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes..
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Pour chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl (I use a glass bowl) that is large enough to sit in the pot without being submerged in the water. Place the bowl on top of the pot and let the steam melt the chocolate. Stir until fully melted and smooth. Set aside..
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (using a paddle attachment), blend (room temperature) cream cheese until smooth..
- Add sugar and blend until fully incorporated..
- Add salt, sour cream and vanilla and continue to blend..
- Add melted (and cooled) chocolate and blend to combine..
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and blend together with a fork. Add eggs to the cheesecake mixture and blend on low speed just until combined. You do not want to beat the mixture too much after the eggs are added, or you will incorporate too much air causing it to later puff up and deflate..
- Pour filling into baked crust. Reduce oven temperature to 300F..
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 55-65 minutes, until the center barely jiggles when nudged..
- To prepare water bath, wrap the cheesecake pan (bottom and sides) with foil, (you may need to criss cross a few sheets of foil) so that no water can get into the pan. Place the foil wrapped cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan or baking dish, then pour HOT water into the roasting dish until the water is about 1" deep. Carefully move to oven and bake..
- Cool cheesecake at room temperature 30 minutes, then cover and move to the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight..
- Top chilled cheesecake with whipped cream (3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla). Beat cream until it begins to thicken, add powdered sugar and vanilla, then continue to beat until thick and fluffy..
- Top whipped cream layer with 1 can of cherry pie filling..
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Cut with a sharp knife, and wipe off the knife with a moist/hot washcloth between cuts..
A retro combination of flavours, black forest NEVER goes out of style. This super simple cheesecake recipe is such a quick and easy dessert to rustle up! This Black Forest Cheesecake recipe has all the flavours of a black forest cake in a rich, indulgent baked chocolate cheesecake. This easy to follow recipe will give you all the steps to an amazing baked cheesecake. Measure the circumference of the cheesecake and mark on a strip of baking parchment folded in two lengthways.