Jamacian Style Curry Chicken.
You can cook Jamacian Style Curry Chicken using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jamacian Style Curry Chicken
- It’s of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of curry powder.
- It’s of ground all spice.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of Salt for water.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of white vinegar.
- You need of red tomato.
- You need of onion (red or yellow).
- Prepare of carrots.
- It’s of red pepper.
- It’s of green pepper.
- It’s of green onion/scallion.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It’s of white potatoes.
- Prepare of scotch bonnet peppers (optional).
- Prepare of sofrito (optional..I used bc I didn't have scotch bonnet).
Jamacian Style Curry Chicken instructions
- Rinse chicken with water. Cut into bite size pieces. Place in salt water..
- Pat dry. Chop onion, peppers, tomato & scallon. Add 2tbs curry powder, all spice, black pepper to chicken. Add vegetables & minced garlic. (Add sofrito if desired) Marinate overnight in the fridge..
- Over medium heat add olive oil & 2 tbs curry powder. Add seasoned chicken mixture to pan, let brown 10 minutes. Chop potatoes & put in water so they don't turn. Chop carrots..
- After 10 minutes, add potatoes, carrits & thyme. (Fresh is better, but my store didn't have any). Add vinegar. (Your choice to add water, I added half of the potato water to get a little sauce for rice). Allow to simmer on medium-low to low for 45 minutes with the lid on. Serve over white rice. Add a sprinkle of salt if desired..