Cajun Chicken over Pasta. Chicken dredged in Cajun spices is sauteed with bell peppers and mushrooms, and presented in a basil-cream sauce over linguine. "Cajun cooking is a combination of French and Southern cuisine. It is robust, country style cookery – and so is this dish! Laissez le bon temp roulez and bon appetit!" Easy One Pot Cajun Chicken & Pasta Recipe.
Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper. Can I make Cajun Chicken Pasta in advance? First, prepare everything except for the pasta. You can have Cajun Chicken over Pasta using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken over Pasta
- It’s 12 ounce of pasta of choice.
- You need 12 ounce of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2 inch strips.
- Prepare of Spice Mixture.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 1 3/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Tbsp of unseasoned bread crumbs.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 2 Tsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped onions.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped sweet green peppers.
- Prepare 4 cups of canned or fresh tomatoes, crushed.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
This kicked-up pasta dish is a family favorite and my most requested recipe. Swap in shrimp for the chicken, add your favorite veggies, adjust the spice level to your family's taste—you can't go wrong! —Dolly Kragel, Smithland, Iowa. Made with chicken breast, pasta, and plenty of fresh, colorful veggies with Cajun Seasoning is an easy meal! This Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is one of my family's favorite meals all-year 'round.
Cajun Chicken over Pasta step by step
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the spice mixture; then coat chicken in spice mixture..
- In a medium, non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray or covered with oil, saute chicken on medium heat until cooked through (no longer pink). Set chicken aside..
- In the same skillet, heat oil; saute garlic, onions and peppers for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and cayenne. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes..
- Prepare pasta of choice and top with chicken. Combine with sauce..
- Serve and enjoy!.
When oil is hot, roll chicken in flour mixture, then dip in egg, then roll again in flour mixture. Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Pour in soup, alfredo sauce, butter and wine. Add Cajun seasoning and salt to taste. Cajun Chicken Pasta – spicy, cajun-flavored chicken tossed into creamy melt-in-your-mouth alfredo sauce with pasta.