You can have Butter Chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butter Chicken
- It’s of Chicken breasts, cut in cubes.
- You need of tomato purée.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- Prepare of white onion, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Softened butter.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Cumin.
- You need of Turmeric.
- Prepare of Chilli powder.
- You need of Paprika.
- It’s of Garam Masala.
- It’s of small cinnamon stick.
Butter Chicken instructions
- In a bowl, season the chicken. Add salt and pepper, 1tsp chilli powder, 1/2tsp turmeric, 1tsp paprika and 1tbsp olive oil. Mix well.
- In a pan, melt 2 tbsp butter and cook the chicken until golden brown colour. Put aside in a bowl..
- In the same pan, melt 2 tbsp butter with 1tbsp olive oil and add onion then garlic. Season with salt and pepper, 3tsp garam masala, 1tsp chilli powder, 1tsp cumin, 1tsp cayenne, 1tsp turmeric and 1 cinnamon stick..
- When they reach a golden colour, add the tomato puree with 1 cup of water and the heavy cream. Bring to a simmer..
- Add the chicken and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add 2tbsp butter in the process. Don't forget to stir from time to time and put a lid on the pan..
- Serve with white rice on the side and sprinkle with parsley..
- Tip: for extra taste, add some chicken broth to the rice..