Jamacian Style Curry Chicken.
You can have Jamacian Style Curry Chicken using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamacian Style Curry Chicken
- You need 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2-4 tbs of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of ground all spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Salt for water.
- You need to taste of Thyme.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of white vinegar.
- You need 1 of red tomato.
- Prepare 1 of onion (red or yellow).
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- It’s 1 of green onion/scallion.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 4-6 of white potatoes.
- It’s 2 of scotch bonnet peppers (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbs of sofrito (optional..I used bc I didn't have scotch bonnet).
Jamacian Style Curry Chicken instructions
- Rinse chicken with water. Cut into bite size pieces. Place in salt water..
- Pat dry. Chop onion, peppers, tomato & scallon. Add 2tbs curry powder, all spice, black pepper to chicken. Add vegetables & minced garlic. (Add sofrito if desired) Marinate overnight in the fridge..
- Over medium heat add olive oil & 2 tbs curry powder. Add seasoned chicken mixture to pan, let brown 10 minutes. Chop potatoes & put in water so they don't turn. Chop carrots..
- After 10 minutes, add potatoes, carrits & thyme. (Fresh is better, but my store didn't have any). Add vinegar. (Your choice to add water, I added half of the potato water to get a little sauce for rice). Allow to simmer on medium-low to low for 45 minutes with the lid on. Serve over white rice. Add a sprinkle of salt if desired..