You can have Poached Quinces using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Poached Quinces
- It’s 6 of large quinces.
- You need 750 ml of boiling water.
- You need 275 g of sugar.
- You need 2 of limes, zest and juice.
- It’s 1 of vanilla pod.
- You need 4 of cardamom pods.
- It’s 3 of star anise.
Poached Quinces step by step
- Put the boiling water and sugar in a medium sized pan and stir until dissolved.
- Add the lime zest and juice, star anise, vanilla and cardamom pods.
- Peel the quinces and cut lengthwise into quarters one at a time. Remove the core and pips. Place the quarters into the pan and submerge before moving on to the next quince..
- When all the quinces are in the pan, place over a medium heat and bring to the boil..
- Place a cartouche (circle of greaseproof paper with a hole in the middle) over the quinces and simmer for at least 90 minutes until the quinces are pink and tender..
- Remove the quinces from the poaching liquor and set aside. Turn up the heat and boil the liquor until reduced by about a half and syrupy..
- Remove the star anise, vanilla and cardamom pods with a slotted spoon. Then return the quinces to the pan..
- Either serve immediately or can be stored in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks before reheating gently..