You can cook Homemade Marmalade using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Marmalade
- Prepare of Marmalade.
- It’s 1 kg of Quince fruit.
- Prepare 1 kg of sugar.
- It’s 100 ml of water.
Homemade Marmalade step by step
- Remove the skin and stone from the inside of the quince and cut into quarters. Reserve the peel and pits for later..
- In a deep saucepan place the cut quince, sugar and water and bring to the boil. Let it cook well..
- When its all cooked, reduce the mixture with a blender..
- Then let it continue to cook for another 10-20 minutes or until the mixture becomes slightly firm..
- Then place in deep dishes. Using parchment paper thats been soaked in vodka cover the top of the dish and let the marmalade dry..
- To make Quince jelly: Place the stones and peel into the same saucepan and add water (approximately 1 litre). Bring to the boil and let it cook well again. This will take some time. Let the mixture reduce a fair bit..
- Then place the liquid through a sieve to remove any of the bits you don't want such as the pits and peel..
- Measure the liquid and then place back into the saucepan. Add equal amounts of sugar to the liquid..
- Place back on the stove and bring to the boil until it reaches your desired consistency. Again this will take some time..