Quince paste. I cooked it on high in. Quince paste is a thick jam made from the fruit of the quince tree. Wash, peel, and core the quinces, reserving the cores and peels.
Quince paste, called membrillo in Spain, is a tangy-sweet fruit preserve. Add quince paste to one of your lists below, or create a new one. paste ('dulce'). Wash the quince and cut into halves or quarters. You can cook Quince paste using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quince paste
- You need 1250 g of quince.
- Prepare 2 1/2 l of water.
- Prepare 1 kg of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
Put in a large pot and cover with abundant water. Boil until the flesh is soft but firm. Don't let it go too long – mushy fruit is hard to peel! The Best Quince Paste Dessert Recipes on Yummly
Quince paste step by step
- Towel off the downy fuzz of the quince..
- Wash and quarter them..
- Remove the skin and the seeds and cut each quarter in 2-3 slices..
- Place the slices in a pot and add the water..
- Gather the peels and the seeds, tie them into a cheesecloth and put it in the water..
- Boil the quince until they are very tender. Take the pot off the heat and pass the content through a sieve, that you have placed inside another pot..
- When they have strained thoroughly, squeeze the cheesecloth and discard the seeds and peels. Set the strained quince aside..
- Pass the water where you have boiled the quince through a thin cheesecloth to so that it strains slowly..
- Boil the liquid that you have collected until only 3/4 of it remain..
- Add the sugar, stir so that it dissolves and boil over high heat so that it thickens. Add the lemon juice, the vanilla and after a few minutes empty in jars with a wide mouth and let it cool..
Quince Paste, Membrillo (quince Paste), Quince Paste. Homemade Dulce de Membrillo (Quince paste). Sweet and slightly tangy, this quince paste, also known as quince cheese, is a solid, sliceable jelly made from the quince fruit. Pour quince paste into pan, smoothing out top with the back of a spoon. Remove from oven and let cool completely.