1 Roasted Chicken so many recipes.
You can have 1 Roasted Chicken so many recipes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 1 Roasted Chicken so many recipes
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken (giblets optional).
- Prepare of Butter or cooking oil.
- It’s of Seasonings:.
- You need of Onion powder.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need of Thyme.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
1 Roasted Chicken so many recipes step by step
- Unpackage chicken, remove giblets as needed (but save if you want gravy or plan to make stock), clean anything unusual from the cavity and place in a sturdy, deep baking dish..
- Either rub your clean preferably dry bird with butter or pour on a Tbsp or two of oil… This is going to keep the bird moist and allow the skin to brown and crisp, plus it will hold the seasonings on to allow the flavor to sink in. I just poured on oil and saved myself an extra hand washing…..
- Now… I do not rub in the spices, call me crazy but I do not enjoy rubbing on a raw chicken. Sprinkle on a liberal amount of seasonings of you choice and IF you so desire rub away. I happily stop at the sprinkling stage, but do season both sides..
- To cook you go for about 30 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce temp to 375 for about an hour. The goal is to get the meat at the thickest part of the thigh to 180 degrees. Do not overcook and if the outside gets to looking crispy lay a piece of foil on for the remainder of the cooking process..
- After 30 minutes you'll see some progress, turn the temperature to 375 degrees and set a timer for 60 minutes….
- Once you verify the chicken is cooked through allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes to help the juices redistribute. Then you get to separate the meat as you wish. You can certainly carve this up for tonight's dinner of main course poultry, I separate the white meat (for sandwiches) from the dark meat (tomorrow cassarole) and put all the bones and skin in a pot for stock to use in dumpling soup (that recipe is coming)…. One chicken 3 meals… Yea!.