Pineapple upside down cake.
You can have Pineapple upside down cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- You need 2 tbs of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2/3 of brown sugar.
- Prepare 9 slices of pineapple.
- Prepare 9 of dried heya.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of margarine or butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tsps baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Pineapple syrup(drained from the pineapple can).
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbs of oil (if using croma).
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Preheat your oven then line a 9" or two smaller tins like I did. Assemble your ingredients so that you work easier and faster..
- Melt the 2 tbs margarine/butter on a non stick pan over low heat. Pour it in your lined Tins..
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter/margarine..
- Arrange pineapple slices over the brown sugar. Place a dried heya in the center of each pineapple slice..
- In a mixing bowl,cream the remaining butter/margarine and sugar then add in beaten eggs,vanilla,pineapple syrup,water,oil and salt..
- In a separate bowl,sieve/aerate flour and baking powder. Make a well and pour the wet mixture above to make batter..
- Pour over the pineapple and then bake for 50-55mins at 180°.
- Let the cake cool for 5mins then turn it over a plate and let it cool that way then pull out the tin after a while longer..
- Serve while somewhat warm. I'm sprung!!.