Pineapple upside down cake.
You can cook Pineapple upside down cake using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare 1/4 cups of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar light.
- It’s 1 can of pineapple slice,juice drained.
- You need 9-10 of maraschino cherries.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tsps baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs large.
- You need 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F..
- Take a 9" nonstick cake pan. Add 1/4 cup melted butter and brown sugar.Mix well..
- Arrange the pineapple slices on the above mixture..
- Place the cherries in the center of pineapple slices..
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour,baking powder and salt..
- In another large bowl cream together room temp butter with sugar..
- Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time..
- Stir in vanilla extract and pineapple juice..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine well using a hand mixer..
- Gently pour this cake batter over the pineapple slices and cherries..
- Bake the cake for about 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Once out of the oven, immediately run a knife along the sides of the cake..
- Place a serving plate upside down onto pan and turn the plate and pan over..
- Leave the pan on top of the cake for about 5 min until all sugar syrup drizzle down the cake..
- Now remove the pan and cool cake for half an hour..
- Serve warm or cold..