Tinklee's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.
You can cook Tinklee's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tinklee's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- It’s of topping/bottom.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 can of 8oz-sliced pineapple in juice.
- It’s 7 of maraschino cherries- optional.
- It’s of cake batter.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Tinklee's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake step by step
- preheat oven go 350ºF.
- melt butter in a 9" pan in the oven till melted(this is the cake pan you are baking the cake in).
- when butter is melted, remove from oven. Add brown sugar to melted butter and mix real well(still in pan), once mixed real well, spread out even in bottom of pan.
- place 1 pineapple ring in center of pan, take remaining slices and cut in half, arrange halves cut sides facing out around the pineapple placed in the center, so you have them in a complete circle around, place cherries in centers of the pineapples, then set aside.
- add all ingredients to your bowl and beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scaping bowl to make sure all is mixed in, then beat on high speed for 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times.
- pour into cake pan, on top of the pineapple.
- bake for about 45mins or until a wooden pick in the center comes out clean when tested.
- when you remove from oven, invert onto a plate and let pan remain for a few minutes, then remove pan,.
- may be served warm or cold is great with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top.