Moist Birthday Chocolate Cake .
You can have Moist Birthday Chocolate Cake using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moist Birthday Chocolate Cake
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of regular cocoa powder, dark unsweetened.
- You need 2 cups of soft brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of cup/250g butter cut into pieces, softened.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temp.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of buttermilk.
- You need of (To substitute buttermilk:.
- You need 2 1/4 tbs of whiteVinegar or 2 1/4tbs lemon juice in 2 1/4cups milk.
- It’s of or 2 cups of natural yoghurt. Let stand for 5').
- It’s 170 g of Dark Ghana Chocolate 72% Cocoa, chopped.Melt, then cool.
- Prepare 1 cup of water w/black coffee(2 tsp Nescafe Instant Coffee granules).
- You need 1 box of little candles!.
- Prepare of Garnish: 6 strawberries cut in half to decorate on the top edges.
- It’s of (or 2 mandarin's segments).
- You need of CHOCOLATE FROSTING:.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cream Cheese.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of icing sugar option.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk or double cream.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- It’s of TO SERVE:.
- It’s of Custard sauce.
Moist Birthday Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. Grease bottom & sides and line of a deep round cake tin of 9 inch. If you don't have buttermilk then make it: mix 2 1/4cups Milk with 1 tbs lemon juice. Set aside. In a mug, put 1 cup boiled water & 2 tsp instant coffee and stir. Than quickly add the dark chocolate pieces and stir until chocolate pieces are dissolved. Set aside to cool..
- In a large bowl put on a colander flour, cocoa, baking soda,baking powder, salt & sift them.Add soft brown sugar &mix.Add melted butter& vanilla, blend on low speed until incorporated.In a small bowl whisk eggs in buttermilk&add to larger bowl while mixing in slow speed then increase speed to medium- high& blend until smooth, about 3'.Slowly pour in the chocolate-coffee mixture until evenly blended,then scrape batter equally between prepared tins, tapping tins gently to remove any large bubble..
- Bake cakes for 40'-50', until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 20' in the tins, them carefully turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely..
- FROSTING: in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter on high speed, scraping sides frequently until light & fluffy. Reduce speed and add cocoa, icing sugar and beat until smooth. Add 1 cup Milk or 1 cup dohble cream p& pinch of salt and mix. Slice the cooled cake in half. Spread on each top of cakes with the frosting mixture, smooth surface with spatula, then place the second half cake on top of the base. Spread the rest of the frosting on sides cake. The cake taste better the next day!.
- Put one candle on top centre of the chocolate cake. GARNISH: Put the strawberries halves on top of the cake all around the edge.(or put the mandarin's segments). Place in a cool place to set at room temperature & not in the refrigerator..
- To serve: cut the cake into pieces. Sing together the birthday song with the family, then myself blow the candle… Place a piece of cake in a serving individual plate with a custard sauce. Enjoy.
- Happy Birthday to me ☕ .