Paint drip neon tie dye birthday cake . I spotted this oh-so-cool cake when I made a call for submissions to my This showstopper cake is sprinkled with specks of rainbow colors and is literally dripping with a. All buttercream and royal icing dyed in neon colors! Neon drip cake Neon drip cake Related posts: Girl baby shower drip cake Floral drip birthday.
Mix fabric paint and water or mix chemical water and dye. If you want to use ingredients from your own kitchen, food coloring also works. To make the tie dye effect, carefully drag a skewer completely through the batter from the center out to create a pattern with the colors. You can have Paint drip neon tie dye birthday cake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paint drip neon tie dye birthday cake
- You need 2 of boxes of tye dye cake mix.
- You need 1 of homemade buttercream frosting or can of wilton buttercream frosting.
- It’s 1 of Box of premade black fondant.
- You need 1 of Box of neon gel food coloring.
- Prepare 1 of bag pink candy melts.
- Prepare 1 of bag yellow candy melts.
- Prepare 1 of bag blue candy melts.
- You need 1 of can white frosting.
- It’s 3 of little bags of sixlet colored chocolate candy balls-Blue, Purple & Green.
- It’s 3 of empty clear condiment squirt bottles.
- You need 6 of disposal cups.
- It’s 2 of 10inch cake pan.
- Prepare 2 of 8 inch cake pan.
You can always add more liquid, but you can't take it away. Working with an offset spatula, spread pink glaze over the top of the cake and let it drip down the sides. Learn tie dye basics including how to prep, tie, dye, and wash tie dyed items. Plus, some of our favorite tie dye patterns!
Paint drip neon tie dye birthday cake step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350. Mix both cake boxes as directed. Then grab your 12 disposable cups. Measure 1 1/2 cups of batter in each of the 6 cups. Now grab your neon food coloring gel & add them to each cup to make individual different colors you want your layers to be..
- Once you have you 6 cups of of cake batter colored to your liking. Then grease your pans & begin adding your cake mix to the pans. Pour a 1/4 cup of the 1st color you choose directly in the middle of your 10inch cake pan. Add another 1/4 cup of another color directly in the middle on top of the other cake that was poured..
- The cake will spread in the cake pan by it self. Do not shake of manipulate it. Keep pouring 1/4 of each color just one time for each color. Grab your 8 inch pan & do the same thing. It should look like this!.
- Place both pans in oven side by side. Cook for about 25 mins or untill you stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake & it comes out dry not wet on the toothpick. Take out & let cool completely for about 15 mins. Then pour the rest of the batter in your other 10 inch & 8 inch pans like you did before. One layer at a time. Place that 2nd batch in the oven like you did the 1st batch. Let cool completely. While cake is cooking. Spit the fondant in half. Knead the fondant & roll out enough to cover the two layers for your cake..
- While cakes are cooling either you can make your buttercream frosting or use a container of wiltons already made buttercream frosting. Once your 4 cakes are cooled completely. Place a medium size circle of the buttercream frosting on top of the 10 inch cake. Then place the 2nd 10inch cake on top of the other one. Place a nice layer of buttercream frosting on top of the both cakes. Smooth out. Next grab the two 8 inch cakes and repeat the same thing to it..
- Take your rolled out black fondant and place 1 of them on top of the stack of the 10 inch cakes. Smooth out the best you can.Then do the same with the other rolled black fondant to the 8 inch cakes. Now your two layered cake is almost done. Squirt a nice glob of white can frosting on top of the 10 inch cake. Then place your 8 inch fondant covered cake on top of the 10 inch fondant covered cake..
- Grab your candy melts place them in your condiment containers. Add 1/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil in each container to help thin the melts out. Place each in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Once the melts are melted down. Drizzle them on the two layered of the cake in a zigzag zag & swirl pattern. One color at a time..
- Take the white frosting can and squirt along the seams of the two layers of the cake. Add the sixlet candy balls to that frosting seams all the way around the two layers. EAT AND ENJOY!!!.
We are fully onboard the tie dye train here at The Neon Tea Party and are SO excited to share our best tie dye tutorials and tips with you in this blog post! Experiment with DeviantArt's own digital drawing tools. sometimes i just wish i can take food out of the computer screen and eat it. that cake look DELICIOUS! I made this half sheet cake for my sisters birthday. She loves neon colors & flip flops. Flip flops are made of fondant and "glued" together with buttercream.