Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
You can cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- It’s of Butter for greasing.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 can of pineapple rings.
- Prepare of Glace cherries.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 100 g of margarine, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Buttera round baking lose bottom tin. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the buttered base, and then arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern as in the picture..
- Fill each pineapple ring with a glace cherry, and then dot one in each of the spaces in between..
- Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. Then pour in the 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice to thin it a little..
- Pour this mixture carefully over the cherry-studded pineapple rings; it will only just cover it, so spread it out gently. Bake for 30 minutes, then ease a spatula around the edge of the tin, place a plate on top and turn it upside-down..
- Serve with vanilla custard.