Pineapple upside-down cake.
You can cook Pineapple upside-down cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside-down cake
- It’s 4 oz of butter, softened.
- It’s 4 oz of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 4 oz of self raising flour.
- Prepare of For the topping.
- It’s 16 oz of tin pineapple rings, drained.
- It’s 1 1/2 oz of butter.
- Prepare 4 oz of soft Brown sugar (I used dark, but your choice).
- Prepare of Glace cherries.
Pineapple upside-down cake instructions
- Pre heat oven to 190 c, 180 fan. Lightly grease an 8 inch round tin..
- Cream together butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy, beat in the eggs, one at a time, if mix splits add spoonful of flour..
- Gradually add the rest of the flour, mix lightly after each addition..
- Cut all but one of the pineapple ring in half, arrange in the bottom of prepared tin. Place glace cherries in 'holes..
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the brown sugar and stir. Pour over the pineapple..
- Spread the cake mix over the fruit, bake in centre of preheated oven for 40-45minutes, check with skewer or toothpick..
- When cooked immediately turn out onto a plate..
- Can be eaten warm or cold, cut in to wedges,with cream or ice cream..
- Does not keep well, so best eaten on the day..