Pineapple upside down cake.
You can cook Pineapple upside down cake using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare of pineapple slices drained save liquid.
- Prepare of maraschino cherries.
- You need of yellow cake mix.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In 13×9-inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices; press gently into brown sugar. Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries. . Bake 42 to 48 minutes (44 to 53 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake..