You can have Birthday Doughnuts using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Birthday Doughnuts
- Prepare of For the dough.
- You need 7 grams of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 450 grams of strong flour/manitoba flour.
- Prepare 240 ml of milk.
- It’s 60 grams of butter.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 35 grams of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s of Decorations.
- Prepare 180 grams of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 25 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of warm water.
- You need of frying oil.
Birthday Doughnuts step by step
- Dissolve yeast in 2 tablespoon of warm water and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients for the dough, then add the yeast.
- Form the dough into a ball, put it in a greased bowl, cover and let it rise for 90 minutes.
- Roll the dough out and cut it with a pastry cutter to form 8cm donuts (use a smaller pastry cutter to form the hole). You can use upsidedown glasses too, if you don't have pastry cutters.
- Make the donuts rest and rise for another 40 minutes.
- Fry two donuts at a time, for ~3 minutes, oil shouldn't be too hot (180°).
- Pat the donuts dry with paper towels and let them cool down.
- Prepare the icing mixing milk and powdered sugar (add cocoa powder for the chocolate one or food coloring for different colors).
- Dip one side of the donuts into icing, (you can add other decorations as chocolate letters or other decorations) and let them dry.