Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
You can have Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 (20 ounce) of can sliced pineapple.
- It’s 10 of maraschino cherries, halved.
- It’s 1 cup of sifted cake flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter, melted.
- You need 1 teaspoon of almond extract.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)..
- In a 10-inch heavy skillet with a heat-resistant handle (I use a cast iron skillet), melt 1/2 cup butter over very low heat. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. Arrange pineapple slices to cover bottom of skillet. Distribute cherries around pineapple; set aside..
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt..
- Separate the eggs into two bowls. In a large bowl, beat egg whites just until soft peaks form. Add granulate.
- Bake until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cake with table knife. Cool the cake for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plate..