Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
You can have Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prepare 60 grm of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 140 grm of Dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 4-5 slices of tinned or fresh pineapple rings.
- Prepare 175 ml of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 80 ml of Vegetable oil.
- You need 2 pcs of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 225 grm of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 150 grm of Powder sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 grm of Ground nutmeg.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 175°c.
- Switch on the flame,take a pan and add brown sugar and butter and one forth th cup of water. Cook in medium flame until butter is melted, cook further until it is thick, topping for our cake is ready. Take a 7 inch cake tin and add brown sugar topping. After few minutes we will place the Pineapple inside the cake tin. Inside the rings we have to add cherries.
- In a large bowl, whisk the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla essence. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and nutmeg. Add this to the buttermilk mixture and whisk until just blended..
- Pour the batter over the pineapple slowly. Bake the cake for 40-35 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 30 minutes in the cake tin. Place a serving plate over the cake and invert the tin, lifting it to reveal the pineapple now on top. Serve at room temperature..